August 5, 2011

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Title: Dragon Bound
Author: Thea Harrison
Series: Elder Races (#1)
Genre: Paranormal Romance


Review written by Melissa

Where do I begin? First off, I want to send a special thanks my lovely sister Sonia for this recommendation. :)


Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful–and passionate—of the Elder Races.
As the most feared and respected of the wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they’ve ignited in one another.


What a nice surprise this book was! I had heard that Thea was a hot new paranormal author and this book did not disappoint! It starts off with an adrenaline themed opening scene and then just takes you for a ride. The writing and descriptions are similar to Nalini Singh in the sense where you can visualize yourself in that world. Characterization for the hero and heroine is pretty developed and they have personalities and humor. Dragos just emanates power, is used to being in control, and he is not afraid to tell others what he wants. This is where Pia comes in and teaches him some more polite ways of dealing with things. LOL. I loved the heroine as well. She showed emotions and conflicts and the relationship between her and Dragos seemed believable to me.


There are a lot of other beings introduced in here that I was unfamiliar with, such as Gryphons, Gargoyles, Elves, Fae, Trolls, basically anything supernatural. I didn't read about Vampires but from what I am gathering they will be added to the mix later.


Dragos has an entourage of sorts that is loyal to him. These characters include Rune and Graydon whom I adored. Also, Constantine, Bayne, Tricks, and Tiago are some of the others. I also liked Pia's boss Quentin. He was very sweet to her. :)


There were a couple of things that caught me off guard and I am still not sure how I feel about them, but without giving away spoilers I cannot embellish on them. All I can say is give this new author a chance and see if you feel the same. :)






**** stars

4 comments:

  1. My pleasure :-) I have to thank Jennifer B. for this, she was really excited about it.. And many other people as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. best author!! i read this book and went and ordered it the next day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pekný post :)
    Poď na Estéé Lauder Giveaway! Hraje sa o rúž, lesk na pery a mini parfém :)
    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/11/giveaway-v.html

    ReplyDelete