March 7, 2011

Review: Dominic (Lords of Satyr #4)

Title: Dominic (Lords of Satyr #4)
Author: Elizabeth Amber
Series: Lords of Satyr
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Reviewed by: Vhampy

People, people, people. You may be wondering why I am reviewing another Lords of Satyr book after the devastation that was book three. Let me tell you something about myself...I am not a quitter and I knew the next book in this series just had to be better. You know what? I was right!

This book really was two stories that focused on Emma (Jane's sister) and Vincent (Jane's son). The series has moved further into the future (Vincent is 26).

Let's talk about Emma first. Also, I did not mention in my other review that this series takes place in the 1800s in Italy. Now back to Emma. Emma has grown into a delicate woman that feels the need to please others while her insides are screaming NO. I'm not going to completely judge her since it is the 1800s. Sweet delicate Emma is now married to a Satyr relative. Even though she is married, she meets Dominic. Dominic is from Elseworld and is critical to keeping the peace in Elseworld. Let me tell you a little somethin' somethin' about Dominic. He is a hot bastard! The had one of the most erotic sex scenes I have read in sometime...Emma, Dominic, an extra and a mirror. I had to fan myself. Hot monkey mirror sex indeed.

The second part of the story focuses on Vincent who is no longer a child. Vincent is a man and the author was so determined to make the reader think of Vincent as a man that she CONSTANTLY mentions his "man-ness". Eleven and seven, ladies. Eleven and seven.

I wasn't sure why these two character's stories were included in one "book" but I understood at the end. These stories were not only critical as they were slightly entwined but Ms. Amber is making sure the Satyr audience knows that the offspring are now in control of Satyr lands.

My rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment